Hello!!!

Please make your first post here with a short introduction about you and your hamsters.

Moderator: Alex

Hello!!!

Postby UKVampire » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:33 pm

Hi all,

I just found the site while looking up my newest addition to my family 2 Roborovski Hamsters which i brought from pets@home on saturday.

I hadnt heard of them or even thought about getting a hamster until we saw these. I have a picture of 1 of them

I thought they were so cute, the other one looks almost identical apart from a small black spot on her head.

My 2 year old thinks they are great and spends about 20-25 minutes a time just sat on the chair by the cage looking at them and now already has decided he needs to say night night to them before he goes to bed lol.

Anyway some info about me..

Well I'm 29...not for much longer sadly my birthday is on the 24th June. I live currently just with my 2 year old son however my partner will be moving in come september.

I am a full time dad and have been now for 3 years as my ex partner had 3 children from previous relationships. I enjoy being a full time dad although it is hard work lol and a lot harder than i imagined!!

Anyway thats a little info about me for now :)

Iain
UKVampire
Baby Robo - Just Born

Re: Hello!!!

Postby Tammy - Oak Farm » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:34 am

Hello and Welcome to the forum :)

It is lovely to have you here and i hope you learn lots about your new pets :)

The first thing you need to do is get your robos sexed correctly, as pet shops are usually not very good at sexing their hamsters correctly, especially robos! If you need any help doing this then just let us know and we can help you out, or just post some clear pics of their underside. You need to do this as soon as possible to prevent babies being born if they are different sexes!

Good Luck with your new pets, let me know if you need any help.

Kind Regards,

Tammy x
Tammy - Oak Farm
Site Owner

Postby Amanda » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:39 pm

Hi there!

I think this forum is taking a little time to get going - but as I know Tammy (and have seen the Robos she has) I know you'll find plenty of useful information and advice on the main site pages too. Best of luck with your 2 newbies! Very brave buying them on spec. Don't tell me - they gave you the eye! :D

Regards - Amanda
Amanda
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Tammy - Oak Farm » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:22 am

Thanks Amanda :)

i am struggling to get to grips with how the forum works actually and have just found a whole batch of posts which havent yet been approved!! so i am so sorry to everyone who has posted and have not seen their posts yet - they have all been approved now!

Tammy x
Tammy - Oak Farm
Site Owner

Return to Please Introduce Yourself Here :) - Write your first post here!!