Newbie here

Please make your first post here with a short introduction about you and your hamsters.

Moderator: Alex

Newbie here

Postby SirenMoonBee » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Hi guys,

I bought my wonderful baby girl robo's from the best breeder in the World Tammy herself!! And sadly yesterday one of my baby girls died, they are nearly 2 years old. But i'm now not sure how to help the reminding one, do i try and introduce some new friends to her, or is she better off alone?? I just want to do what's right by her. Thanks for letting me join, and hopefully i can make new friends that understand how much i love these little guys xx

xx Hugs xx
SirenMoonBee
Baby Robo - Just Born

Re: Newbie here

Postby Tammy - Oak Farm » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:14 pm

Hello and Welcome to the forum :)

I think i have just replied to your text message, so sorry that one of your hamsters has passed away :(

I think that your remaining female will be fine on her own as long as she has plenty to do in her cage and comes out for a run in her ball or playpen etc.

I think that it would be difficult to introduce a new hamster to her now, as she is getting on a bit, but one thing that might work would be to introduce a very young baby to her, as most adults will tolerate a very young baby and not see her as a threat. but obviously you would then have a similar problem when your other adult passes away and have another female on her own. So please have a think, but let me know if you need any further info or help.

Please have a look round the forum and feel free to participate and post pics of your robo, we would love to see pics :)

Tammy x
Tammy - Oak Farm
Site Owner

Postby Silver » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:25 pm

Hello biggrinjester:
Lifes A Roller Coaster
Youv'e Just Got To Ride It
Silver
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby SirenMoonBee » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:16 pm

Hey, it was me you texted. And i hear all that your saying, i would only buy a couple rather than one otherwise i would have the same problem again, when poppy dies. I just don't know what to do, she's looking very depressed and lonely and wont come out, very withdrawn and i'm just worried about her. Maybe i should see how she is over the next few weeks, and of course if i do buy any more you know i'm coming back too you Tammy!! She's my baby and i just want the best for her, as her bond was with her sister rather than Human bonds.

Hi everyone as well, thanks for making me feel welcomed xx :cheers2:
SirenMoonBee
Baby Robo - Just Born

Return to Please Introduce Yourself Here :) - Write your first post here!!