[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
• View topic - Hello from Malaysia

Hello from Malaysia

Please make your first post here with a short introduction about you and your hamsters.

Moderator: Alex

Hello from Malaysia

Postby jaded-accountant85 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:48 pm

Hi! I'm Andrew from Malaysia. I used to keep several dwarf hamsters when I was a teenager (campbells, winter whites and roborovskis) but that was 10 years ago. Now I'm back in the hobby but concentrating on roborovskis only since they are my favourite of all the dwarf species. A few months ago at a pet expo I "discovered" the husky roborovskis and instantly fell in love with them. Last week I finally decided to get myself a pair (2 males) since I don't plan on breeding them (yet).

Say hello to Whisky (left) and Brandy (right):

I've been reading in the genetics section that there are 3 different types of huskies - dominant, recessive and platinum. Is there any way to tell what mine are from their coat colour?
jaded-accountant85
Baby Robo - Just Born

Re: Hello from Malaysia

Postby Tammy - Oak Farm » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:45 pm

Hello Andrew :)

welcome to the forum :)

Your roborovskis are lovely :)

It is hard to tell exactly what genes your robos may be carrying without knowing what colours their parents were and what colours their parents could be have been carrying.

Do you have any details of their parents?

Tammy x
Tammy - Oak Farm
Site Owner

Postby Nella » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:14 pm

Hi!

Your robo's are definately dominant husky. I don't think they carry recessive husky, but when you see the colour changes in time (becoming more greyish) they must carry recessive husky. When they keep this colour they are 'pure' dominant husky.
Nella
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby jaded-accountant85 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:26 am

Hi and thank you so much! :D

Unfortunately I do not know the history of the hamsters. The pet shop said that they were around 5 weeks old when I bought them last week so they are still pretty young ones. The husky roborovskis in my country are supposedly imported from the Netherlands but I haven't ascertained the truth. They are still pretty hard to find here. I'm glad that both have started accepting food from my hands and one of them boldly climbs onto my palm to feed :hurray:
jaded-accountant85
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Wofunny » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:32 am

Welcome to the forum! :D

Your Robos are lovely :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wofunny123
From Mark and all my lovely pets! R.I.P Smudge xx
Wofunny
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Wofunny » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:15 am

What substrate are on, in the 1st and 3rd picture?

Wofunny
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby jaded-accountant85 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:15 pm

jaded-accountant85
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Wofunny » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:05 pm

Wofunny
Baby Robo - Just Born

Return to Please Introduce Yourself Here :) - Write your first post here!!