Recent Mouse - Like pics

This is the place to discuss anything to do with exotic pets.

Moderator: Alex

Recent Mouse - Like pics

Postby Tammy - Oak Farm » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:12 am

Hiya Everyone,

just thought i would post a few recent pics of the Mouse - Likes :)

They are in a 3 foot glass tank at the moment, and i seem to have managed to get rid of the mites they had several weeks ago - i havent put them into anything bigger at the moment, just incase they do need completely cleaning out again due to the mites, but fingers crossed they have gone :)

For the same reason, they are not in a very natural tank, lol, they have plenty to do and lots to climb on etc. but it is mostly plastic toys - just because i would have to get rid of any wooden toys and branches etc. if the mites did return - so i am just going to see how they go :)

Anyway, here are the pics :D :

Tammy x
Tammy - Oak Farm
Site Owner

Re: Recent Mouse - Like pics

Postby Alex » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:32 pm

They still look very young, but in gorgeous conidtion.

How old are they? they look very different to mine .... they look like Cactus mice, mine never looked like that as far as i can remember. and Mohan and Maya are 3rd generation from wild caught stock.

who did you get them from again? it was Matt wasnt it?

Alex :)
Alex
Site Admin

Postby Tammy - Oak Farm » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:01 pm

Thanks alex, they are looking in quite good condition at the moment :)

Oh no, i really hope these are Mouse - Likes!! Yes, it was Matt - i would have thought he would know the difference? I really hope so :(

Can you post some recent pics of yours alex please?

**off to seek out pics of mouse - likes!!**

Tammy x
Tammy - Oak Farm
Site Owner

Postby Alex » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:25 pm

Hi Tammy,

I am pretty sure there arent any Cactus mice within the UK (i am bringing some back in december) but i can't help but wonder whether the 2 have been confused at some points.

i have seen many many mouse-likes and have seen so many different lookign ones i don't know what they are supposed to look like anymore LOL. i am sure that mine are pure as they are from stock at the tier park in berlin which was wild caught. and based on the fact the two species live on different continents i highly doubt they arent Mouse-likes lol.

If you look on EKF at Elise (Yosha) cactus mce pics for comparison. i will upload pics of mine ASAP ... need to get the camera charged up!
Alex
Site Admin

Postby BexPetz » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:51 pm

They look lovely! Do you have any names yet?
Don't they chew the plastic? Are they docile?
Thanks. Becky.
My beautiful rabbits, TigerLily, Rolo, Dinah, Ducchess, Dimples, Mittens, Button and Mistletoe. I have 5 roborovski's, 7 gerbils and my 3 chickens.
Please look at or join my website: http://www.freewebs.com/gerbilgirl22
BexPetz
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Alex » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:35 am

LOL ... if mouse-likes are anything .. its certainly not docile! They are constantly on the move! my pair are in a 2ftx2ftx3ft enclosure and i never see them asleep!

They arent really handleable at all due to the speed of them, they don't go out of their way to bite you but if you grab them they pack a punch through gloves! .... i now use a tub to catch time in for cleaning out :lol:
Alex
Site Admin

Return to Off Topic - Exotic Pets