New Robo Litter - possible rust carriers

This is the place to ask questions about any aspect of breeding Roborovskis. You should never rush in to breeding any animal, and you can never ask too many questions! This is also the place to post pics and details of your current litters.

Moderator: Alex

New Robo Litter - possible rust carriers

Postby Tammy - Oak Farm » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:04 pm

Hiya Everyone :)

Yesterday it was 21 days since pairing up some robos, but on Monday i noticed one of the females who was paired with the rust male was looking very big and during the week she has just got bigger and bigger!

I was surprised that she hadnt given birth when i went into the shed this morning becasue she was so big last night, but at 4pm she had one tiny baby in the nest :love:

At 7pm this evening she had 4 tiny babies in the nest but something doesnt seem quite right :( they are very wriggly and very noisy and unfortunately they dont have milk bands :( it could just be because they are still so young and the mother is still trying to get settled but they are not very content at the moment - i really hope everything works out and the mother begins to feed them soon, but i will check on them soon and see if anything has changed.

I took one quick picture while the parents were out of the nest:

Obviously i dont want to disturb them or stress the mother out, but i dont want to miss the opportunity to save the pups by fostering them to another mother either, so will have to monitor them and see how things go.

Tammy x
Tammy - Oak Farm
Site Owner

Re: New Robo Litter - possible rust carriers

Postby Tammy - Oak Farm » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:44 pm

I am happy to say that they seem to be doing well :) Here are some pics taken this evening:

Tammy x
Tammy - Oak Farm
Site Owner

Postby scotia » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:26 pm

oh im so glad things are going well. love looking at tiny tiny babies. so cute
scotia
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Ed.C. » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:43 am

Really looking forward to see how these develop. good luck !!

Ed
Ed.C.
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Nella » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:07 pm

Congratulations! Why do you think there will be rust-carriers and no rust in the litter? Is it a recessive gene?
Nella
Baby Robo - Just Born

Return to Breeding