My new robos

Please feel free to post photos of your Roborovskis here.

Moderator: Alex

My new robos

Postby Mimette » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:18 pm

So we took a 12 hour round trip to Chicago yesterday to pick these little guys up. Apparently the shop that originally acquired them had them shipped in from Europe and my friend was willing to grab them for me and hold them till I could get there. I now have my spotted robos and surprisingly an all white one. I am a bit unsure of the little white guy given I know some people *cough*Ed*cough* have had some issues with them being on the less healthy side, but this little one seems healthy thus far. He won't be used for breeding until I have him housed here for some time to see how his health goes. He was a freebie so I can't complain either way!

Meet Grigio (white), Semillon (pied girl), and Muscato (pied boy)!

Grigio

Semillon

Muscato

Crossposted to eGerbil and Hamster Hideout.
Mimette
Baby Robo - Just Born

Re: My new robos

Postby Tammy - Oak Farm » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:08 pm

Hello Mimette,

thank you for posting pics of your new robos, i am sorry about the delay in apporving this post, i havent really had much time to visit the forum recently, but please note that your posts are no longer being queued for approval :)

I am very curious about your little white robo :) He is very different from the white ones i have seen so far - no colour on his ears and no undercoat by the looks of him, he also looks different in his shape and type too. but he is very interesting :) i would be really interested in knowing what babies he produces if you do mate him :)

Your Pied robos are beautiful :) and again, one of them is different to the ones we have her in the UK, very interesting as your female is very much more spotted than patches - but very beautiful :)

How are they getting one now?

Tammy x
Tammy - Oak Farm
Site Owner

Re: My new robos

Postby Mimette » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:31 pm

All of them are very well. We have paired the white boy with one of my agouti girls but given that it is winter they are taking their time about their business it seems. Until the little spotty girl is a bit older she is paired with an agouti girl as well since she couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 weeks old when I got her. The pied boy has been paired with an agouti girl as well and they are also taking their time. Its probably all the better for the time being since we are in the process of moving and I don't like the thought of moving pups with how cold it has been this winter.

The white boy was not a planned acquisition but was thrown into the mix as a freebie, so I can't complain. He is starting to tame up now and will actually come near my hands now as opposed to running away like he used to. All of my agouti line will crawl right into your hand and it makes handling much easier. I will keep updated here once any pups are born in these pairings.
Mimette
Baby Robo - Just Born

Return to Photos of your Robos!