[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
• View topic - Mottled Roborovskis

Mottled Roborovskis

This is the place to discuss how current genes work and also any new mutations, new colours or unusual appearances.

Moderator: Alex

Mottled Roborovskis

Postby PKK » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:26 pm

I found some mottled boys at Petsmart. I was told they are from CZ but were the same price as the regular Robos. I bought 2 and paired them with 2 solid girls. I'd appreciate any info on this gene. Is it dominant, homozygous lethal, or recessive?
There is no reciprocity. Men love women, women love children, children love hamsters.
Alice Thomas Ellis

PKK
Baby Robo - Just Born

Re: Mottled Roborovskis

Postby Tammy - Oak Farm » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:44 pm

Hiya kat :)

i sent you a message this morning, did you get it?

I am getting two of these in November and another UK breeder is getting some at the end of the year too.

There is not much known about them yet, especially not to do with breeding them, but they seem to have popped up everywhere :) We dont know yet if it is recessive or dominant, but it has been compared to the mottled gene in Campbells (i think?).

Can't wait to find out more about them :)

Would be great to hear what you find out too :)

Tammy x
Tammy - Oak Farm
Site Owner

Postby PKK » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:52 pm

Yes I got your message. I felt this was the best place to ask these questions. The other forums tend to concentrate on syrians then campbells and winter whites. Then maybe someone will post something about chinese or roborovskis.
There is no reciprocity. Men love women, women love children, children love hamsters.
Alice Thomas Ellis

PKK
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Nella » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:34 pm

I have 4 mottled girls too... do you have males? Here in Holland only females are available... the importers say the gene is only for females, but I really doubt that.
Nella
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby PKK » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:55 am

My mottled robos are boys so that blasts that theory.
Alice Thomas Ellis

PKK
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Nella » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:14 pm

Great to hear that! There were already some breeders that suggested the importers would keep the males for themselfs so that the breeder with the colour is more difficult.... really great they gene is also for males... really looking forward to all of the litters. I think it is the dominant husky gene combined with a mottled-gene. They have the same face/eyes as a dominant husky and the same colour of the darker spots as the backcolour of the dominants. Really curious to see if the gene is dominant (mottled like campbells) or recessive (could be due to the importers keeping the males away from selling).
Nella
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby mison79 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:14 am

Hello!
Im a breeder of roborovskis from Sweden.
I have my very first mottled roborovski or what we called in Sweden "brokad".
Its a little female that Im going to mate with a agouti male later.

Do you know more of these gene? Really interested in this.

She have a cute little dot in her face to.
mison79
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Tammy - Oak Farm » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:28 am

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Thank you for posting photos of your new robo, she is lovely! :)

She is very interesting also because she has colour on her face!! i have only seen photos of mottled robos with white faces at the moment, so it is nice to see some with agouti faces too :)

I will be getting some of these mottled robos in three weeks time, and am looking forward to it :) I can't wait to work with this new gene.

Tammy x
Tammy - Oak Farm
Site Owner

Postby mison79 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:52 am

Thank you!

I can write what I have for information after she got a litter.
What I heard the gene is recessive. Dont know much yet about this pattern.
mison79
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Nella » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:56 pm

@Tammy: one of my females has a spot around her eye too.. so that is not unusual. ;)

Beautiful pictures! I'm really looking forward to some litters (I have 2 females paired up at the moment).
Nella
Baby Robo - Just Born

Next

Return to Genetics