[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
• View topic - New male, apricot colored

New male, apricot colored

This is the place to discuss how current genes work and also any new mutations, new colours or unusual appearances.

Moderator: Alex

New male, apricot colored

Postby mison79 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:42 pm

I dont know what I found in petshop today....a apricot colored male that I found very interesting. So I going to do a test on the female Guldgruvans Arktis that is ant to my newest litter with the color that I dont know for sure what they are. His really cute.
I named him Casanova.
mison79
Baby Robo - Just Born

Re: New male, apricot colored

Postby mison79 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:49 pm

Forgot the pics.
mison79
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Nella » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:04 pm

If I'm correct, that is cinnamon (or creme, rust how do you call it ;))... isn't it Tammy?
Nella
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby mison79 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:07 pm

mison79
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Wofunny » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:18 pm

there has been a sudden baby boom of new colour mutations latley!

So exciting! :hurray:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wofunny123
From Mark and all my lovely pets! R.I.P Smudge xx
Wofunny
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Tammy - Oak Farm » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:24 pm

Hiya :)

yes, looks like a red eyed (rust / cinnamon/ cream) robo to me :)

Instead of black on their ears like an agouti they have a sort of brownish colour - i think they look like a creamy caramel colour all over :)

Congratulations on your new addition :)

Tammy x
Tammy - Oak Farm
Site Owner

Postby mison79 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:34 pm

wiiiiieeee! Im really happy right now.
But what is the right namn for the color? Creme, rust or just cinnamon?
mison79
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Tammy - Oak Farm » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:40 pm

Because this colour is still very new we don't know much about it. In holland and czech they are calling it the cream or cinnamon gene and in the uk we think it might be the rust gene, but no one knows for sure yet. It does seem to be a diluting gene.

I have had two litters with red eyed babies in so far, and I have some robos who are carriers too, as this is a recessive gene, but one thing we do know is that it is the only robo gene so far to be born with red eyes, so we call it the red eyed robo at the moment :)

Tammy x
Tammy - Oak Farm
Site Owner

Postby mison79 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:42 pm

Oki.
I Think cinnamon can be a really good name on the color.
mison79
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Tammy - Oak Farm » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:44 pm

but not if it isnt the cinnamon gene - we already have the cinnamon gene in syrians, but this new gene is closer to the rust gene in syrians, but we are still working on it, so will have to see :)

Tammy x
Tammy - Oak Farm
Site Owner

Next

Return to Genetics