My New Mottled / Pied Robos!!

This is the place to discuss how current genes work and also any new mutations, new colours or unusual appearances.

Moderator: Alex

My New Mottled / Pied Robos!!

Postby Tammy - Oak Farm » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:42 pm

Hiya,

I am really excited to introduce to you my two beautiful Mottled (Pied) Robos :excited: I picked them up at the Bath show yesterday and they have travelled all the way from Sweden - finally after months of planning they are finally here and i believe they are the first ones in to the UK, along with the four others that two other UK breeders obtained yesterday, so it is another exciting time for Robos! :)

They are both absolutely beautiful and are very tame too, another plus! I just want to thank Lotta so much for bringing them over for me, i absolutely love them :love: and i was pleased to see that everyone who saw them yesterday seemed to like them as much as i did :)

Not much is known about this new gene yet, but if it works in the same way as the Cambells gene then it will be called Mottled, but if not then i think it is being compared to the Pied gene in Syrians, but we will have to wait and see :)

As you will see from the pics, i have one with a white face and one with colour on her face, so it will be interesting to see what babies they produce when paired up - will keep you all posted! :)

Here are some pics of them:

Tammy x
Tammy - Oak Farm
Site Owner

Re: My New Mottled / Pied Robos!!

Postby Nella » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:58 pm

They are lovely Tammy! Congrats with your new arrivals!
Nella
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby jaded-accountant85 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:01 pm

Congratulations on your new acquisition! They look really fancy!
jaded-accountant85
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Ed.C. » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:16 pm

I'm really surprised how fast this gene has spread already.

Here's some in P@H. At first glance I thought they were Husky;

Ed
Ed.C.
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Tammy - Oak Farm » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:19 pm

Hiya Ed :)

yes, this gene has spread far and wide very very quickly and i think most countries have them now. They are now in a lot of pet shops in the uk now too, so they will only get more widespread now :)

Thanks for the pics - the ones with the completely white faces do look just like huskies from the front :)

Tammy x
Tammy - Oak Farm
Site Owner

Postby Ed.C. » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:23 pm

Yep it is more extreme and has a lot of white so maybe the gene is already being outcrossed to husky
Ed.C.
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Mimette » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:16 pm

Can we expedite them to me then?! I never see anything other than agouti here and I would love to have some pied babies in the cages as well. From what I have heard on my ham forums they have hit the coasts of the US as well in Petsmart but they haven't made it here to the midwest yet.
Mimette
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby RoboroskiAlice » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:28 pm

Hi Tammy :) Enjoy your new accomdation, they look really fancy :D I am trying to acquire some from a friend of mine.
I am so glad that there has been a sudden BOOM! in Robo colors! :hurray: :hurray:
RoboroskiAlice
Baby Robo - Just Born

Return to Genetics