Acting Funnily

This is the place to discuss your hamster's health. If your hamster is looking a bit under the weather, or off their food, ask here. If you hamster has an injury, ask here. Fur loss, sneezing, eye problems? Ask here.
Please note that if you hamster is very ill, or has a serious injury, please seek veterinary attention immediately!!

Moderator: Alex

Acting Funnily

Postby Mopedgirl » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:37 pm

I am wondering if someone can give me a clue as to what may be wrong with my roby.

She is 2 next month and lives with her sister. But I have noticed recently that she doesn't seem to be as settled as usual. And when she jumps off of one of the ledges in the cage, instead of getting back up as she normally did, it takes her ages to wriggle herself back onto her feet. And she has started nipping, which she never did. Her sister seems as usual.

Thanks in anticipation.

Caroline
Mopedgirl
Baby Robo - Just Born

Re: Acting Funnily

Postby Tammy - Oak Farm » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:34 pm

Hello Caroline,

it sounds like it may just be old age, especially the mobility side of it, as they do seem to slow down once they reach about 2 years old. This could also explain her grouchiness too, just old age, but obviously if you think she looks unwell or is biting due to pain then get her to the vet for a check up, but it does just sound like old age.

Some hamsters cope with old age better than others which might explain why her sister is unaffected at the moment, but just keep an eye on them both.

Tammy x
Tammy - Oak Farm
Site Owner

Re: Acting Funnily

Postby Mopedgirl » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:44 pm

Thanks Tammy. She is also sleeping on her own too in another part of the cage, is that the norm too for old age?
BTW how are the litters coming on, do let me know.
Caroline
Mopedgirl
Baby Robo - Just Born

Return to Health