more ill robos

This is the place to discuss your hamster's health. If your hamster is looking a bit under the weather, or off their food, ask here. If you hamster has an injury, ask here. Fur loss, sneezing, eye problems? Ask here.
Please note that if you hamster is very ill, or has a serious injury, please seek veterinary attention immediately!!

Moderator: Alex

more ill robos

Postby Ness » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:31 pm

as soon as I found tifa ill I moved her out of the hamstery and was very careful when holding her by washing my hands after etc.

Well today I find another robo with a bad eye. shes from a completely different litter and cage etc. the only thing she has in common with tifa is her age.

I'm really worried that there might be some sort of infection in my hamstery. Ok so its not unheard of two hamsters getting ill in the same week but as they both had problems with their eyes it's making me think.

Also this other girl has her left eye completely closed, tifa's left eye was the first to close.

I have to go to the vets tomorrow morning for the rabbits injections so if she's still unwell I'll take her too.

but how many similar cases of an illness do you need before you worry about infection. and what should i do.

as it's only robos that have fallen ill should I still worry about my campbells syrians and ww?
Ness
Baby Robo - Just Born

Re: more ill robos

Postby Nella » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:43 pm

Hi Ness, well.. I don't know what it is, but I agree it is very strange to have two robo's with the same symptoms. Do you maybe have a picture of those robo's? Are they less active, do they eat and drink as normal? When you see they are behaving differently than normall I would maybe call the vet to ask if he knows what it could be. I hope it is not contagious!
Nella
Baby Robo - Just Born

Return to Health