Burges Super Hamster Complete Mix

If you have any questions about the food you feed your hamster, about treats, extras, live food etc. please post here. Have you found a new food that your hamster loves? Post about it here.
Any questions or information about food or nutrition please post here.

Moderator: Alex

Burges Super Hamster Complete Mix

Postby Silver » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:54 pm

Hello :)

I have read on here that the best shop brought food for Robo's is Burges Super Hamster Complete Mix. I was wondering where the cheepest place to buy it is. I guess I should start off with a small bag to see if the Robo likes It.

Lifes A Roller Coaster
Youv'e Just Got To Ride It
Silver
Baby Robo - Just Born

Re: Burges Super Hamster Complete Mix

Postby Tammy - Oak Farm » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:05 pm

Hiya :)

Burgess Supa Hamster Mix is the food that i have been using for a long time now and i think it is one of the best around, but it can also be quite expensive - some of the others which are a similar price are very good too, such as Harry Hamster. There is also the 'Bunny' hamster food which is highly recommended by people who have used it, but it is very expensive! I have never used it so cannot comment on it personally.

One big problem with Burgess Supa Hamster is that it is now being discontinued and is no longer available, so the ones you see online will be old stock - get them while you can!

Just search online for the cheapest price, but be careful of the postage costs and these can be really high sometimes.

Burgess has replaced this food with a new hamster food called Hamster Harvest (i think that's the name) and i think you can now buy a bag specifically for dwarfs - it looks very good but i havent used it yet, but i suppose i will have to soon if i cant get the Supa mix anymore :(

Again, try searching online for the best price :)

Tammy x
Tammy - Oak Farm
Site Owner

Postby Silver » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:39 pm

Thanks Tammy,

Perhaps its better me trying the new one then instead of getting him/her hooked on the one being disontinued :) . I will look up the new one Hamster Harvest if thats comming up expensive then I will go for Harry Hamster.

Thank You xxx
Lifes A Roller Coaster
Silver
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Silver » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:26 pm

Just to say where I got my hybrid Mandy from was feeding her & all the other dwarf hamsters on Burgess Superhamster Dwarf food, so I brought some. She loves it. And ive recently got two pure WW babys from Sue12 & ive put them on that too & they woolf it down. All apart from the black alphifer bits which none of them like but ive been told that no hamster like that :lol: . I have to admit that its the first food & only food ive used so far & think its great.

The ingrediants & brilliant would tell you whats in it but ive deanterd them into a sealable tub as the packet kept falling over & the milet seeds are a right pain to chace around the kitchen floor :lol: . But from memorie its got meal worms, dried peas, millet, bird seed, annimal fat, sunflower seeds, Alphifer, dried apple. Im trying to find it some where that sells it in bigger bags because I can only find it in 700g bags for £2.29 at a local pet shop or online in 700g bags with p&p on top.
Lifes A Roller Coaster
Silver
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Ely » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:39 am

In Finland some people think that Burgess Supa hamster's isn't as good of quality as it used to be, however, I haven't been around long enough to see that change.

Anyway, I found out that those green nuggets in it contains colourants E102 and E131 (I asked from the manufacturer), E102 aka tartrazine "appears to cause the most allergic and intolerance reactions of all the azo dyes" and Patent Blue V (E131) "may cause allergic reactions, with symptoms ranging from itching and nettle rash to nausea, hypotension, and in rare cases anaphylactic shock".
Ely
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby RoboroskiAlice » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:26 pm

I've tried Burges Super Hamster Complete Mix and it I think is the best around, best like Tammy said, it is being widely discounted and no longer avalible :( But i have tried Hamster Harvest and it works just as good :D
RoboroskiAlice
Baby Robo - Just Born

Return to Food and Nutrition