A Few Idea's for robo homes

Any questions regarding your hamsters cage, toys, wheels, home enrichment etc. needs to go here. Alternative cages such as tank style cages, wooden homes and glass tanks can go here too. Water bottles, bowls, tubes etc. all need to go here.

Moderator: Alex

Re: A Few Idea's for robo homes

Postby Alex » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:30 pm

Is that one of the new line from the old manafacturer of perfecto. basically they ditched perfecto and created their own brand which is pretty much the same.

They are excellent for exotics... but back to hamsters i would have said with it being higher that it is wide and long chinese would be the better option as they do enjoy climbing.

Unfortunately floor space tends to be the best option for hamsters and they are terrestrial as opposed to something such as the African dormice i have which are arboreal and use height more than floor space.
Alex
Site Admin

Postby souffle » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:41 pm

Yes it is like a perfecto Alex! I think one Chinese dominant spot male would be nice in there. Do you have one that would make a good show ham for the North?
souffle
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Alex » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:15 pm

Unfortunately not many around at the moment souf, i have a nice dom spot male who is 7 weeks and a good size but nothing amazing. having said that currently there havent been any consistent winners in the dom spot classes so it really does depend on the judge. He is from BEW lines and was one of only 2 pups 1 BEW 1 Dom spot.

I have normals coming out of my ears if you would be swayed by one of them

You won't be disappointed with a chinese :)
Alex
Site Admin

Postby souffle » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:08 pm

PH is determined to have a domi spot nice though normals are. Do you have a piccy?
(sorry way off topic here best move to PM)
souffle
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby SirenMoonBee » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:24 am

I have the IMAC fantasy cage for my robo's (well one robo now sob sob!!) And they've have tons of fun in there for nearly 2 years, even though it's 2 levels the tube going up too the second level isn't steep, and they've managed it from 7 weeks old. Will post pics later. Mine also love wheels, although i was told they may not like it, mine can't live without them lol. I also have a huge hexagon playpen for them to run around in with more toys, such as a burying wooden box and critter trail school bus and various seesaws and tubes to hide in.

All the photos are great, i love everyone's creative ideas xx
SirenMoonBee
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Fluffymunchkins » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:43 pm

:hurray: all of these cages are so fab!
I do really like the savic rody and theres quite a few bargain ones on ebay :)

The natural looking tank is another fave, i would love to try that in future.
My babies Peggy the Robo and Porridge the Syrian!
Fluffymunchkins
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby mrbuffalotree » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:06 pm

:mrgreen: hi -some really great home ideas on here!
I thought I would put some piccies of my own robo home on here, it is actually some sort of furniture that we found at the recycling centre, and we adapted it into a home with some wire mesh for the lid, and nails and wire for the water bottle holder.
(with the lid up :) )>

The inside is a waterproof material which is easily cleaned, and the sides are just deep enough that he cant climb out easily, but shallow enough to allow for good ventilation and light.
I think it is about 120cm by 60cm :party:
down the right side is a tunnel system with his little house in the middle, and it is covered with some bark. And here is the little guy himself (maurice) blush5:
mrbuffalotree
Baby Robo - Just Born

Postby Tammy - Oak Farm » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:25 am

Wow Agnes!! that is a great set up! it looks so natural and has plenty of room, it is great :)

Tammy x

ps. again, apologies for these posts being approved so late!)
Tammy - Oak Farm
Site Owner

Postby Wofunny » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 pm

Great cages both of you!

Tammy, i am very jealous of you having that 4ft tank!
Wofunny
Baby Robo - Just Born

Previous

Return to Homes and Habitat